Monday, March 26, 2012

A Colourful Baa-day Card!

I made this card for my niece's birthday. I'm going to enter it in two challenges: Virginia's View Challenge at Lily Pad, and Lawnscaping Challenge #30.

The colours in the inspiration photo at Lily Pad cards are gorgeous, so it was easy to think of tons of ideas for cards.


It was a bit harder to narrow down the 'inspiration', but I went back to a few of my favourite cards and decided to take inspiration from this card by Audrey over at Pink Ink Originals. I love her style and regularly droll over her beautiful cards on the Lawn Fawn and Paper Smooches challenges.

Here's my card:



I found the perfect striped paper in my stash and those adorable sheep stickers came from Accessorize of all places! I think they're absolutely adorable and couldn't wait to use them on a card. I managed to sneak in a little stamp from The Stamps of Life too - the little pink dot border was created using a stamp from butterflies2build. The sentiment is from the Papermania 'Honey and Hugs' Sheep stamp set. I used a X-cut border punch to create a border on the image panel and popped it up over some lovely striped ribbon.

Hope you like it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne! This card is so bright and cheery! The stripes and patterns are gorgeous! Beautiful layering all around! I really appreciate you taking the time to make a card for this challenge! Thanks SO much for playing with us at Lily Pad! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! What a bright and fun card! Sure to make any person that sees it smiling!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you are SO sweet! :) What a beautiful card you have made! I LOVE that striped paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!! Love all the colors
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a colorful, cheerful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete