Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ducks in a Row

How has your summer been? It's been really poor here. Really, really poor. July was the coldest and wettest on record. We had a freak sunny spell back in early April, and there's been very, very little since. But, we actually had some sunshine this evening which has been just wonderful. It got up to 26 degrees C and then we were complaining that it was too hot - where's the happy medium, eh?!

It's summers like this that explain why we Irish are so obsessed with discussing the weather! There was so much rain that I've only had to water my patio flower pots about three times since I planted them in May. On the plus side, the petunia, lobelila are absolutely flourishing and cheer me up every day. There's a happy riot of hot pink, purple and blue outside the patio door. The poor pansies have had a raw deal this year. They were flourishing all right, but the influx of friendly garden slugs have been chomping their way through them and there's hardly anything left.

Anywhoo, you're here to see my CASology card. This week's inspirational word at the newest CAS stamp challenge in town, is:


What a strange one, I thought to myself at first. However am I going to use 'Pond' as inspiration?

I stewed on it for awhile and then hit my head in a Homer Simpson-style 'Doh' moment.

I have a sweet, sweet duck in my onsie4baby set from The Stamps of Life. And that sweet duck is in two sizes.

So, how about a little gaggle of baby ducks swimming along in a row behind mummy duck?
(you'll have to pretend there's water for them to swim on!)


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is marvellously CAS, Marianne! Love your line of duckies (I hope they're not getting that many babies! lol) Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby card! Love the little ducks following their mother! Very cute and very CAS! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely adorable... really fun take on the cue word!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those duckies are so cute. Sweet baby card. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete