Monday, August 6, 2012

Tweet this little birdie :)

Hello out there! {{{{{waves manically}}}}}

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted. Life is getting in the way of my usual challenges. I've been inspired, but haven't had time to play along.

This weekend is a bank holiday here in Ireland. My hubby and I were invited to a 40th birthday party in Dublin, and we jumped at the opportunity to spend a night in the capital. I used to live in Dublin when I was younger and I just L.O.V.E. city living. Of course, Dublin has a population just over 1 million, so it's not much of a city by most standards but I love it! We took the bus up early Saturday morning and had a wonderful day enjoying the sights of the city. We decided to take the bus so we could stay in the city centre without having to worry about parking, and it was a really good decision.

What a fantastic weekend we had. We went to a wonderful Korean restaurant for lunch. I spent a year in Korea and fell in love with the food, however there are absolutely no Korean restaurants in our closest city   and I hadn't eaten any Korean food in about 4 or 5 years. It was fantastic. I went to another for lunch on Sunday and brought home some Kimchi to make some Kimchi Bukumbap for dinner last night. A little extreme, perhaps but yummy, yummy, yummy! We visited the Guinness Storehouse on Saturday which was really enjoyable - particularly the views from the top floor on a crystal clear sunny afternoon. I'd love to have stayed a second night, but the little ones were calling and we had to make our way home.

Now, the reason you're here: Challenges! I'm entering CAS-ual Fridays 'On Cloud Nine' challenge. I'm afraid I wasn't too adventurous, as you will see with my bird card! In my defense, I do love this particular bird, and love to get an opportunity to bring him out in public :)




I'm also entering this week's OLW challenge (hosted by Susan) which asks us to take inspiration from Susan's 'Pure Inspiration' board on Pinterest. Oh goodness, I had a tough time narrowing my inspiration down. I finally went with the image on the right because I have a Willow Tree sculpture - it's titled Promise and we got it as an engagement gift. I love it. I based my colour-scheme on the Willow Tree look.. lovely soft, gentle browns.

Here's my wee bird from Papermania Honey and Hugs and a sentiment from There She Goes stamps.

And there you have it! A very CAS card indeed, but I really like it. (I'm quite annoyed to notice the smudge on the bottom of the card, though. I'm afraid that if I wait til tomorrow to re-do and take a new photo, I won't actually post, so slightly smudged will have to do!)

Thanks for stopping by! I do hope to do the rounds of the other entries in my favorite challenges this week, and I'll stop by to say 'hi' soon :)


8 comments:

  1. Very nice, smudge and all! Liked to hear your tale of the trip to Dublin. We have fond memories of our time there and the wonderful food we had in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, how sweet is your card! The sentiment is perfect with this cute image! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfectly CAS....love it! Do we EVER make a card without a smudge? I know I rarely do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and simple at it's best! And who cares about a little bit of smudging? That shows your card is handmade with love ;)
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Slightly smudged is perfect - and too cute for words!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the simplicity and the message of your card, Marianne....very "tweet" card:)!! Thanks so for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful sweet and simple card, Marianne! And I know I'm late to comment, but all you would have to do is trim the bottom off a bit to get rid of the smudge. It's so tiny, I didn't notice it until I read your comment about it!

    ReplyDelete