My favorite weekly challenge, one-layer Wednesday, is hosted by Heather T over at Bits & Pieces this week. This week's challenge is 'Line Up' and I had a lot of fun looking through my stamps to come up with ideas for lining up. I tried a few different things, so prepare yourself for a long post!
I just LOVE the design I stamped on the left panel of this first card. I used an open circle, open square and double line stamp from TSOL list2write. It was painstaking stamping each of those tiny images - but absolutely worth it and I'm definitely going to try some other patterns with them. However, the sentiment is all wrong. It's too blocky and appears crooked (even though it's not). I couldn't figure out what to put on it or where to put it and instead of walking away and coming back to it, I tried something and I'm just not happy with it. Oh well, live and learn. I think I'm going to salvage it by cutting down the pattern and use it as a feature panel on another card.
Next up, I took notes from Susan's tutorial on lining up images and made this very simple butterfly card. I used generation stamping to get three shades of the same dark pink color. It's very simple, but I really like it. The butterfly was a magazine freebie, and the gorgeous sentiment is from TSOL butterfly2build. I'm going to enter this in Stamp It! Cards Week - Love over at Moxie Fab World.
Finally, I went literal with the 'Line Up' title and stamped a rainbow of lines across the bottom of this card. I then tried the droplet technique that seems to be so popular right now. I think I should have stopped a bit sooner with the droplets, but it is really nice in real life. The line stamp is from TSOL list2write and the sentiment is from love2hug. I'm entering this one in the Stamp It! Cards Week - Congratulations over at Moxie Fab World.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






OOH! These are nice - I especially love the colours and the patters on the first and the rainbow of colours on the third - that splatter and the 'barcode' (that's what it looks like to me) are really creative!
ReplyDeleteHey Marianne! Thanks for linking this up to the Congratulations Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are just lovely! love the bar code stamp:)
ReplyDeleteHey Marianne! Thanks also for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
ReplyDeleteThat first card must have taken ages. I assumed the square line was a border stamp, & the circle one. They look great, & such an innovative way to use small stamps.
ReplyDeleteSuper takes on the challenges, Marianne! I especially love the last colorful stripey/splotchy one!!
ReplyDelete