Tuesday, July 10, 2012

OLW - Stars & Stripes

I don't know what's going on with me at the moment. My last post was with a card I made for last week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge - I made the card in plenty of time, but I missed the challenge deadline. The same thing almost happened this evening. I made a card for Susan's OLW95 Stars and Stripes challenge the other day, yet here I am just posting by the skin-of-my-teeth. I know there's 6 more hours left in the Inlinkz tool, but it's already after 10.30pm here and I need to get off to my leaba (that's bed in Irish).

So, here's the card I made this week:

Sorry about the crap photo. I literally pointed and clicked 5 minutes ago because I wasn't organised enough to take it in daylight today or yesterday. As I said, I don't know what's going on with me! Anyway, this IS a one-layer card, but it does feature 2 ribbons and 3 buttons, so I think I'm pushing the OLW definition! My excuse is that the ribbon is essential because it's my 'stripe'. And I had to add the buttons to balance the card because the top-right felt too empty.

The star stamps are Paper Smooches and the Happy Birthday is from The Stamps of Life.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne, I like your take on the "stripe". Clever. Thanks for participating in the OLW Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne - I love your take on this challenge - I had to think for a moment where the stripe was! lol! Thanks for your comments on my blog - yes, I used versafine onyx when I sponged the star and then embossed in clear- it's a great trick for embossing in black without using Black ep, which can be messy! On the stripey star, I think you could use any markers - the marker ink sits directly on the paper since the star image is stripey (imagine it black and white without colouring). Looking at your blog, you seem to like CAS - why not give CASology a try? Our first challenge is Sun - whatever that means to you! And finally, I've missed at least two deadlines lately as well, so at least we're in good company (each other!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marianne - I just hopped over from Darnell's blog to say you don't need to have a desk to join in WOYWW. Just show us your mess and we'll be happy to have a nose. Folk craft on dining tables all the time, some on the floor, some on kitchen worktops, some on trays - you name it they'll use it!

    Also, if you have scraps (snippets) to use up - do think about coming over to the Snippets Playground and joining in the fun. I post a roll call and new Mr Linky each Sunday - it's good fun and a great way to pick up tips, share yours - and also make new crafty friends. They're a lovely bunch, Darnell recently began playing too.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there Marianne, Fab card, love the colours and how wonderful to see another masculine card, I really struggle with them, well done, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're definitely not alone in missing deadlines Marianne! If I had a pound for every deadline I'd missed I'd be a rich woman! I love your stamped stars and your idea for the strip.

    ReplyDelete