Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CASual Fridays Challenge 48 & PDCC127

Wow, it's been a week already! Life has been so busy lately that I only seem to have a few short minutes here and there to craft and finding time in daylight to take photos is near impossible!


I have two cards today. The first is for CASual Friday's challenge 48 which is to use opposite colours on the colour wheel. I chose a peach and a light blue. I roughly followed the sketch from Clean & Simple Sketch 186, but I didn't have any smaller butterfly elements and chose not to substitute. The butterfly is from Papermania, the flocked paper is from a local craft store in Limerick and the sentiment is from The Stamps of Life birthday2celebrate.


My second card was created for The Play Date Cafe challenge 127, but I've missed the deadline. I'll post anyway :) I used umbrella4you from The Stamps of Life for this one.

Hope you like them,

9 comments:

  1. I love the softness of the colors you chose and your butterflies are gorgeous! So happy you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne, I love your choice of colours...the butterflies look so pretty dancing across your card :0)
    Great colours for your umbrella too...I'm good at missing challenge deadlines too !
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your intricate design for the butterflies, Marianne! Beautiful embossing and fussy cutting! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne, love that beautiful embossed stripe, it really adds a lot of interest and texture! And the butterflies are sooo pretty! I hear you with the light issues for taking pictures, I always struggle with that too!
    Hugs,
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. I really like that you chose a peachy tone instead of straight up orange. It's soft and sweet.
    Thanks for playing along wiht us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! Love your butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne - I love the soft colors you chose for the challenge. And that flocked paper looks so yummy! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I'm blown away by all the lovely comments. Thanks for the love :)

    And a big thank you to the very thoughtful Michelle Gross for letting me know that comments were disabled on the blog - ah the trials of a new blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! Love those two tone butterflies, looks fab against that textured paper :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete