Sunday, April 29, 2012

PDC Challenge 129

Today's cards are inspired by this weeks challenge at The Play Date Cafe. This is the colour story:

I played around with some punches first and lots of layering, but then realized that I was trying to force a style that's just not me. My style is CAS and I'm going to try to stay true to that as much as possible. I've discovered the wonderful cards Susan makes at Simplicity just recently and she has hugely inspired me to stick to CAS. Thanks, Susan! I know I've got a lot to learn before my cards become truly elegant and professional CAS cards, but I feel I'm on the right track.

I made two cards for the challenge and I'm really pleased with both. This is the first:



The bough stamp is from a V&A border stamp set that came free with a magazine. I'd never used it before, but I'm feeling very inspired by it now. I didn't  have an ink that matched the pale green seedling, so used the closest green I had. The sentiment is from the mums2stamp set from The Stamps of Life.

I want to enter both cards in the challenge, so I guess i'll just add two links with Inlinkz. I've never wanted to enter two cards from one post before, so I'm not quite sure how that works! Apologies if I've done the wrong thing :)

Edit: Aha, I have to link my cards from two separate links, so I'll just pop the 2nd card into a post of it's own.

Hope you like the card!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty bough stamp! The fact that it was free makes it all the more wonderful. :)

    I like the simple style you've got. It's so clean and fresh!

    So glad you joined us at The PLay Date CAfe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete