A college classmate just had a baby boy, Daire, and I decided to make a personalized card for him. His dad's a bus driver, so the bus is particularly appropriate! I stamped the letters from a Papermania alphabet onto some patterned paper I had in my stash and fussy cut them. I added two generous coats of glossy accents to each letter. I stamped the bus (from a set I got in Lidl!) onto patterned paper, fussy cut it and popped it up to give a bit of dimension. I was going to paper-piece the windows, but in the end I decided to go with a very, very light layer of stickles to add a bit of sparkle and shine to them.
I'd really like to add one more element, but I can't figure out what it should be, so it looks like this is the way it's going to go in the mail.
I based this card on one I made for my gorgeous newborn niece a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to take a good photo of it before I gave it to her, but here's my best shot:
I really like this style of baby card and I think I'll make one for each new baby I know :)
Thanks for looking!





No comments:
Post a Comment