Saturday, June 9, 2012
Polka Dots Galore at CAS-ual Friday
I LOVE this week's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays, CFC56: Sweet Spot. Polka dots are so much fun, and the cards from the design team are truly inspiring.
This card is a commission and the only requirements were the colour pink and the name Ava, so I decided to have fun with polka dots! I love how it turned out :)
I printed out a 4 in very large font size and cut out a template, then used the template to cut a four from cardstock. I stamped all over the pink cardstock with polka dots in tone-on-tone pink, masking a space for the sentiment which was stamped in pink and purple to create a shadow effect (both from birthday2celebrate, TSOL). Next, I stamped this lovely daisy-chain (from a Papermania V&A freebie border set) repeatedly in pale pink on white cardstock to create a background, finally I stamped the letters (Papermania) for Ava onto polka dotted patterned paper (actually, an envelope I recycled) and handcut. I covered them with a layer of glossy accents to give them more definition.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





A CAS and fabulous design for that little Princess! Great idea to use Glossy Accents, it always adds such a lovely finish!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you played with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
Hi Marianne!! What a sweet card!! What wonderful creativity to MAKE your 4...no dies needed for you:)!! And way to go with the glossy accents....LOVE that added touch...right up my alley...my kind of girl:):)!! What a wonderful birthday card!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week and inspiring me and others at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!
ReplyDeleteSuper fun project!! The bright colors just make me happy, and I adore that big die cut number!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!
ReplyDelete