Sunday, June 10, 2012
Thanks Teacher - with a Flourish
Here's a teacher appreciation card incorporating flourishes to meet two challenges - this week's Less is More challenge is to use a flourish and this week's OLW challenge (hosted by Jennifer this week) is to thank a teacher.
This monochrome offering is quite serious in comparison with the fun teacher appreciation cards that the other OLW ladies have created, but I like it! The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse and the flourished poinsettia is Papermania. That flourish is probably a Christmas stamp, but I use it all year round - I love it. I added some bling to finish it off. There is a third gemstone in the flourish on the right, but it didn't come out too well in the photo.
I bought some new cardstock at a local craft shop the other day; it's 240gsm, white with a linen texture and I'm absolutely in love with it. I love the way it looks, feels and absorbs ink. Susan at Simplicity has said a thousand times that for Clean and Simple cards, the quality of the cardstock is paramount and I've finally seen the light. It's time to source some decent cardstock. This particular paper is 61c per A4 sheet at the craft shop, so I think I need to find something slightly better priced!
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Love your crisp floral flourish - teacher will love it
ReplyDeleteKathyk
This is lovely Marianne!
ReplyDeleteGreat flourishes!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
This is really lovely , I work in a nursery and love it when I receive a hand made thank you card x
ReplyDeleteThis a gorgeous - love the monochrome and the flowers are great. M x
ReplyDeleteGreat monochrome, super flourishes
ReplyDeleteThanks very much
mandi
"Less is more"
I love the monochromatic look! What a beautiful sentiment stamp too! Great job on combining two challenges!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and I really love your floursihes! Hugs x x
ReplyDeleteFab mono card - and a terrific flourish!
ReplyDeleteI love this dramatic b&w card - and what a sentiment - it's the kind that will both congratulate the recipient and encourage them to continue to live up to it!
ReplyDeleteLove the monochrome with the added bling!
ReplyDeleteLove this_ i think the flourishes work perfectly, Rebecca x
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! The flourishes and the black and white together just scream "Elegant". Super sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with the OLW challenge this week.
ReplyDeleteMarianne, I noticed you are a new follower to my blog. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMarianne, This is such a lovely clean and crisp card~gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS card, Marianne! So clean and classy...love the one layer cards! Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! I've had a spin through your blog, you make very beautiful cards!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous Marianne! great cas card!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards. Black and white is so elegant. Great sentiment, especially for a teacher
ReplyDelete