Friday, May 11, 2012

Less is More: Week 66, Use Yellow


I made two cards for this week's challenge at Less is More, but I'm only going to submit one. I don't think the other one is simple enough for the folks at Less is More. The challenge is to use yellow.

I made my very first 'frame' card and I'm delighted with the result. I was worried that the yellow would be too subtle to photograph well, but I think it looks great. Taking the actual photo was a different story, though. This card was not cooperating at all when I tried to photograph it! Or so I thought. I couldn't get a straight image. But then, when I checked the other photos I'd taken, all the cards were seriously tilted. I don't know what's going on with my sense of balance this evening. :)

The flourish stamp is from a Basic Grey set whose name escapes me right now. The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse, Say it Loud. I stamped both parts of the sentiment twice, once in black and once in yellow to give some extra depth.


Here's card number 2. It's a birthday card for my sister. She's got the best singing voice of the lot of us and we're always telling her we love to hear her sing. She's also a star sister :) Love ya sis!



This card features my very first Paper Smooches stamp set, Primary and my very first Lawn Fawn sets, Stay Tuned and Sallys ABCs (that's the sentiment - LOVE this font). You don't know how excited I was to get my package from Simon Says Stamp this week! I've coveted practically all the sets from both these fabulous stamp companies for a long time. I watch each release with eager anticipation. I'm so happy to finally own some of their stamp sets. It's absolutely worth the colossal shipping fees :)

Wow, there are a lot of 'firsts' in this post! First frame card. First Paper Smooches set. First Lawn Fawn set.  An exciting week!


2 comments:

  1. Super cards Marianne!
    I think the first one is my fave!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment, Marianne! LOVE these two cards--the one with a frame is amazing! GORGEOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete