I love this card. It's girly and sweet while still having plenty of white space. I love the punched border and the sheer bow at the top. I made it for my husband's friends who've just had a beautiful baby girl who they named Saoirse; pronounced Seer-sha, it's a beautiful name that means 'freedom' in Irish. I was thrilled to see this weeks theme at Less is More is to create a card for a baby or child - the timing was perfect!
I stamped each letter on patterned paper with a Papermania alphabet and then fussy-cut the letters. Funnily enough, when I bought this alpha set, I hated it. I put it down to experience and hid it away among my less-used stamps for about two years. Then, one day I wanted to make a personalized card and hit on the idea of stamping on patterned paper and cutting out the letters. Now, I use it all the time to make personalized cards! I'm glad I held onto it. The butterfly is from TSOL - I paper-pieced the wings using some of the patterned paper I used for the letters.
While I love this card, my hubby said he'd rather I stuck with the rather more clean and simple design I've done previously like this card. Personally, I love the extra detail and I think it adds interest without taking away from the clean and simple aspect. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by!




A lovely CAS card & such an unusual name. I lokve the way you've used the patterned papers for the letters & butterfly wings.
ReplyDeleteSally x
This is lovely Marianne... I love how you have slightly overlapped the letters, I'm sure the new parents will be thrilled with it!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
This is a lovely card, things do sometimes inspire us long after we have dismissed them. Using the same papers for the butterfly brings the whole thing together perfectly.
ReplyDeletelovely,
ReplyDeletex
This is so pretty for a little girl. I think it's perfect.
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS card!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Marianne
ReplyDeleteBrilliant letters
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More!