It's my first time participating at One Layer Wednesday and I'm so excited. I've wanted to participate for the last few weeks, but my mojo wasn't co-operating in creating a card to meet the challenge requirements!
For the 'Something Sweet' challenge (hosted by Cheryl), I immediately thought of pops4u from The Stamps of Life. This set is the club set this month, and I must say I didn't know what to do with it at first. But I sat down last night and made six cards in quick succession, squealing with delight at each one :) I'm going to share two.
For the first one (above), I inked up half the stamp in orange, and half in red to make an orange and cherry pop. I've never had an orange and cherry pop, but I know I'd LOVE that flavour combo. I bet there are orange/cherry pops in other countries.
How cute is this second card?
I inked up my stamp in yellow, then 'kissed' a patterned stamp inked up in orange to get the mottled effect.
Doesn't it give a frozen effect? I think so anyway... major squeal!
Thanks for stopping by!





Both are SUPER sweet! Great takes on the challenge!
ReplyDeleteAdorable sentiment on this fun card!! Glad you finally joined in with us OL peeps! :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome, Marianne! I was just saying I wished more stampers would play! I LOVE that corny sweet sentiment and must have it. Great job!
ReplyDeleteHi Marianne. I'm so glad you joined us this week! Your cards are so sweet! Forgive me... LOL! These are adorable. I love the shading and sentiment on the first one.
ReplyDeleteI have to take another look at this set again. I wasn't sure about it before, but know I think it's a must have!
I hope you'll join us again!